The Jewellers and Metalsmiths Group of Australia, WA (JMGA WA Inc.) is a membership based organisation, representing jewellery and object practitioners throughout Western Australia. As a volunteer non-profit organisation we provide a forum to promote, support and develop the field of contemporary jewellery.
The primary aims of the organisation are to:
- promote the crafts of jewellery and metalsmithing in Australia;
- act as a vehicle by which jewellers and metalsmiths can communicate with each other, and those interested in this area;
- support the advancement of craft in Australia;
- maintain an exchange of information with similar groups in Australia and overseas;
- publish newsletters and/or magazines which will be of benefit and promote members and membership;
- generate funds, for the advancement of the crafts of jewellery and metalsmithing in Australia;
- become a lobbying force in such areas as legislation affecting jewellers and metalsmiths and exhibitions;
- consolidate the craft of jewellery and metalwork in Australia as an art form.
Code of Conduct
The JMGA WA Inc Code Of Conduct was implemented in February 2015 and outlines the responsibilities and conduct guidelines of members.
JMGA WA Inc is part of a loose affiliation of state jewellery and metalsmiths groups (JMGV, JMGQ, JMGA-NSW, etc) collectively known as JMGA. JMGA is the national forum for the biennial conferences. The next conference will be held in 2017.